Our Upcoming Events
Tyddyn Teg Open Day! -August 19th
We warmly invite you to join us on Saturday August 19th at Tyddyn Teg for a day of farm tours, workshops, film screenings, skills sharing, great food and great company!
When: Saturday August 19th from 11am-6pm
What? Our program is yet to be finalised but will include:
- Farm tours with members of our growing team – see how we grow your food!
- Site tours of our woodlands and stream – see beyond the shop and farm to the land that we steward for biodiversity!
- Gardening question time – bring us your queries about growing vegetable and we’ll do our best to answer.
- Community Shares Q and A – come and find out more about our exciting plans to put our farm into community ownership and how you can get involved.
- Working together co-operatively – find out more about how our workers’ co-op runs and how we use consensus decision making and sociocracy to share power.
- Film screenings – back in 2020 some lovely friends from the Astral Ship project in Deiniollen made a film about our farm and how we look after and relate to the soil called ‘Beneath Our Feet’. Watch Tyddyn Teg the movie on the big screen!
- Welsh Language Practice – our team are trying to learn Welsh. Come and help us practice or learn with us over a panad.
Skills Shares – We want to offer a space for sharing all sorts of practical skills for working with the land and its products. Do you have an offer for a workshop you would like to lead? Get in touch and let us know!
Have your say! Is there anything you would like to see on the program, things you would like to learn from our team? Send us a message and we’ll see what we can do!
Food – it wouldn’t be a Tyddyn Teg Open Day without lots of delicious produce from the land on offer! We’ll have a bountiful buffet of drinks, snacks and veg-based delights available on a pay-as-you-feel basis. Come and share some food and meet like-minded folks! Feel free to bring your own picnic if you prefer.
Music – we’re hoping to have an open-mic/jam session in the afternoon. Play an instrument or got a song or poem to share? Bring it with you.
Hope to see your happy faces here at Tyddyn Teg,
Others’ Upcoming Events
We love to share the events of other groups with the same values as us. Keep an eye out for upcoming events!
Check out what events are going on at Bethel Based Tecstiliau by clicking here.
Tecstiliau is a Bethel based textile group dedicated to creating a textile based community in Wales. They frequently host events suitable for anyone from beginners to experienced individuals, so check them out to get stuck in!
“Tecstiliau is a not-for-profit organisation created by a small group interested in facilitating the textile arts as part of the cultural heritage of Wales. In doing so, we are aimingto provide physical ‘space’ for textile-based activities to occur but also provide a cultural ‘space’ to accentuate the importance of textile arts in Wales, for cultural benefit and personal well-being.”